|OFFICE OF THE DEAN
March 16, 2023
GUIDELINES FOR THE ONSITE MID-TERM EXAMINATIONS
1. Midterm Examinations. The midterm examinations for 2nd Semester, AY 2022-2023 shall be conducted onsite and shall be administered by the subject professor or his duly authorized proctor/s. Examinations may be given in digitalized exams or by using booklets at the discretion of the professor. All students are required to take the examinations onsite except the Refresher Courses.
a) For digitalized examinations, the subject professor must provide the following:
i. Letter of request for Digitalized Examinations addressed to the Dean. (This is for the purpose of registration, access to internet facility, use of programs, system requirements for students' devices and preparing the classroom to be used during the examination.)
ii. Class list and number of students who will take the examinations.
iii. Type of device and application to be used in the examinations. The instructions how to use and navigate in the application shall be discussed by the respective professor in each subject.
(Note: The device that the student will use for the examinations must be registered to the ITC. For registration of the device, please fill out the google forms link that will be posted by the ITC in the AIMS portal. Students must use their own devices and should fully charge their batteries before coming to school for the examination. Students may be allowed to use their own pocket wi-fi devices or hotspot only as a back-up for internet data connectivity.)
b) For examinations using booklets, the procedures are stated below:
i. Payments for booklets shall be collected by the class beadles. It will cost Php 40.00 per booklet covering Midterm and Final examinations.
ii. Class beadles shall pay the collected booklets' fees at the Bursar's Office located at the 2nd Floor of Recto Hall.
iii. The class beadle shall present the receipts at the Registrar's Office. The booklets will be given to the professor or the proctor on the examination day only.
2. Exam Permit. The exam permits shall be obtained from the Accounting Office. The exam permit shall be issued once the down payment of the tuition fee has been fully paid plus the March and April installment due. Students may claim the exam permits starting April 01, 2023.
3. Conduct of Examinations. Please take note and be mindful of the following reminders:
a. During the Examinations
i. All Students shall proceed directly to their assigned classroom/sand wait for the professor's / proctors' instructions at least 30 minutes before the examinations.
ii. Cellphones must be turned off or put into silent mode during examinations.
iii. No students are allowed to go outside the classroom while taking the examinations.
iv. No EATING and DRINKING inside the classroom.
v. Small talk and conversations during the examinations are strictly prohibited.
b. After the Examinations
Before submitting the booklet or answer sheet, make sure to double-check your answers. Students must leave the classroom immediately, and proceed to the next examination assigned classroom if there be any.
c. Examination Schedules
Examination Schedules will be posted in a separate memo. Any request for change of schedule of examinations should be upon approval of the Dean.
Professors may administer their examinations personally or through their authorized proctor. No employee of ALF will be allowed to proctor an examination during office hours.
4. Parking. The parking slots are on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED basis.
5. Canteen and Food Services. The Canteen will remain closed. Eating and drinking are not allowed inside the classroom.
6. Onsite Use of the Library. Library is open from Monday to Sunday, 8:00AM to 5:00PM, Social distancing inside the library shall be observed. The capacity to accommodate students in the library is limited and will be on a first come, first serve basis. No reservation of seats will be allowed.
7. Precautionary Measures for Face-to-face Examinations. To ensure the safety and good health of everyone while inside the school premises, the ALF Medical Clinic Guidelines are as follows:
a. Enter the premises at least 30 minutes prior to the exam schedule and proceed to your designated classroom/s. Entry will be at Taft Gate and Exit will be at Donada Gate.
b. Always wear a face mask.
c. Practice physical distancing.
d. Please do not LOITER.
e. Use hand sanitizer frequently
f. Wash hands regularly.
g. Please follow floor marking and signage in the walkways and stairs.
h. Exit the school premises right after your examination.
i. After the examination, please do self-monitoring for 5 days, and if you develop symptoms, please notify the school clinic.
For your information and guidance.
DOMINGO M. NAVARRO
View the aforementioned Guidelines' pdf version.